Bundle your student loans into one consolidation loan, and get a single easy monthly payment. Lock in a low, fixed interest rate, cut your monthly payments, and get more time to repay. more
NextStudent College Health Insurance
Almost all U.S. colleges and universities require students to have health insurance before they’re allowed to enroll.
Students who aren’t covered under their parents’ health plan may be able to purchase medical coverage through their school. But both parent and school health plans can be more expensive than student-specific individual health insurance.
Save money over school and parent health plans.
Our affordable student health insurance program offers low-cost, renewable student-specific coverage that allows students to go to any doctor, any hospital, without any costly out-of-state or out-of-network expenses. And students can be covered all year, not just during the semester.
- FAST next-day coverage
- NO network restrictions — even if you’re out of state
- Get health coverage all year long, not just during the semester
- Take your coverage with you when you graduate or transfer
- Get up to $1 million in coverage
Parents, even if you’re able to keep your college kids on your own health plan, dependent coverage can be more costly than student-specific health insurance.
- You may be paying expensive premiums to keep your college-aged kids covered as a dependent.
- If your kids are going to school out of state, you’ll usually get hit with higher out-of-network costs and deductibles.
- You may not be able to keep your kids covered all four years they’re in college, depending on your carrier’s age restrictions.
School health plans may offer coverage for all four years, but that school-sponsored coverage is often more limited and more costly.
- School health plans can be costly and limited in coverage, while carrying high deductibles.
- Out-of-state students on a school medical plan may not be covered when they’re traveling or back home visiting.
- Some school health plans may offer coverage only during the school year, leaving students without health insurance during the summer months.
Get fast and affordable student health insurance that’s right for you.
It’s fast and easy to apply for NextStudent’s college health insurance. You can get a FREE online quote in minutes, and you could have health insurance coverage as early as tomorrow.
You can also pick your own deductible, from as low as $250, so you can get the coverage that’s right for you and your budget. And there are no HMO or PPO network restrictions, so you can visit any doctors or hospitals you want, with no out-of-network charges to worry about.
- Pick your own deductible from as low as $250
- Visit any doctors or hospitals with NO network restrictions
10-day free-look period
Take advantage of our 10-day free look period on any NextStudent college health insurance plan. If you decide the NextStudent student medical insurance plan isn’t right for you, cancel your coverage within 10 days for a full refund of your premium. No questions asked!
If you’ve just graduated and you’re either still job hunting or waiting for your employee health benefits to kick in, NextStudent also offers affordable short term health insurance that can keep you covered for up to a year.
NextStudent health insurance products, offered under the Assurant Health brand name, are underwritten and issued by Time Insurance Company. Student and short-term medical coverage plans may not be available in all states. Licensed agent Nathan Schoneberger, 2145 E. Warner Road, Suite 103, Tempe, Arizona 85284.
* Short-term medical insurance is often a lower-cost alternative to COBRA. Please note, however, that if you choose a short-term medical plan rather than maintaining COBRA coverage, you may give up your rights to future coverage for pre-existing conditions or to future guaranteed health insurance.
† Available terms for NextStudent short-term health plans vary by state.