Online Degrees: Education at Your Fingertips
Looking to finish your degree, start a new career, or increase your earning potential? College and graduate school are easily within your reach with an online education degree program.
And now, NextStudent has made it even easier for you to research your options and find the online program that offers you just what you’re looking for.
With our eLearners interactive college search program, you can search thousands of online education possibilities by school, subject, or degree program. In just a few clicks, the NextStudent eLearners college search will find the online program that best meets your needs and will connect you with the nation’s top online universities — all absolutely free!
Use the NextStudent eLearners college search, and choose from thousands of options:
- More than 140 accredited online schools
- Over 6,500 courses
- Over 1,700 degree programs
- More than 450 certificate and diploma programs
Get started on your online college search today
Take the hassle out of your college search. The NextStudent eLearners college search tool is easy to use and delivers results fast.
Not only will your NextStudent eLearners college search match up your preferences with the online education program that suits you best, but we’ll put you in direct contact with education advisors at accredited online colleges and universities that meet your criteria.
- Search for online programs in the subjects that interest you
- Choose the type of online degree you’re looking for
- Research specific online schools and online programs
Find the online degree program that works for you
Juggling a full-time or part-time job? Dealing with family responsibilities? An online education degree program offers you more flexibility in your class schedule than a traditional four-year college or university, while providing all the benefits of a higher education.
Whether you’re an undergraduate student looking for a two-year certificate program, a busy professional looking for a graduate school with flexible class schedules, or a working parent ready to get your degree because you’re tired of being passed up for a promotion, an online degree from an accredited online university can expand your job opportunities while earning you more money.
Typically, the higher the degree you have, the more you’ll earn. The average annual salary for someone with a high school diploma is just $32,500, compared to annual earnings of over $100,000 for someone with a professional degree, according to the 2007 U.S. Census.
Average Annual Earnings by Degree
High School Diploma $32,500 Associate's Degree $42,000 Bachelor's Degree $53,000 Master's Degree $63,000 Professional Degree $100,000+
Online education degree programs: Why get your online degree
- You’ll earn more. College graduates earn, on average, $1 million more over their lifetimes than those with just a high school degree.
- You’ll have more options. To be marketable in today’s demanding workplaces, you’ll need an education. Employers are increasingly requiring bachelor’s and professional degrees from job candidates.
- You’ll have added job security. Companies are less likely to lay off employees with specialized training and skill sets.
- You’ll have a better chance at career advancement. Employees with a higher education in their résumé are more likely to be considered for additional responsibilities, promotions, and management positions.
Accredited online college degrees: Why they make sense
- They’re convenient. Take classes wherever you are — all you need is a computer and an Internet connection.
- They’re flexible. Show up for class, complete your assignments, and take your exams at your own pace, on your own schedule.
- They’re practical. Online certificate programs offer two-year degrees in some of the most high-demand and fastest growing fields today — health and medicine, computer science, and education.
- They’re readily available. No having to compete for limited seats in a classroom or lecture hall — you’re free to choose from an array of accredited online courses that fit your goals.
Moving at the speed of life: Online degrees fit who you are
When you’re balancing the demands of being a student with holding a job or having a family, your life can move pretty quickly, which means you don’t have the luxury of sitting in a classroom all day, studying on someone else’s schedule.
That’s the advantage to enrolling in an online education program: You decide the when, where and how of getting your degree, whether you’re squeezing in classes around your work day or you have the ability to go at it full-time.
Attend class anytime, anywhere
Online education degree programs offer you one of the most convenient ways to move forward on your education — no need to hassle with a commute or with finding open classes at the times you need.
By taking online courses through an accredited online school, you can earn your online degree or certificate on your own time, from the comfort of your own home.
- Study and attend classes on your own schedule
- Participate in class discussions without leaving home
- No commutes, no scheduling conflicts
- No missed classes even when you’re out of town
Choose from hundreds of accredited online college degree programs
The NextStudent eLearners college search tool gives you one of the quickest and easiest ways to find certificate programs and online education degree programs that fit your interests and professional goals.
You can find online degree options at accredited online universities and through the online programs offered by brick-and-mortar schools.
Search by school, program, or degree type, and browse thousands of online courses in hundreds of different fields:
- Business Management
- Public Health
- Computer Science
- Game Design
- Criminal Justice
- Web Development
- Fashion and Design
- ... and more!
Choose carefully: Not all online degree programs are created equal
Before you begin your college search, a word of caution: Beware of diploma mills and online education scams. Be sure you enroll with a reputable institution that’s not a fly-by-night operation, and don’t waste your precious time and money on an online degree that seems too good to be true.
Tips for finding a reputable online education degree program
- Look for online degree programs and certificate programs from well-known accredited schools with names you can trust.
- Avoid online education programs at unaccredited schools, especially those offering diplomas for life experience.
- Limit yourself to online degree programs that require you to submit an application and be accepted before you can enroll.
- If you find an online degree you can get in days or weeks with little class work, keep looking.
- Try to find accredited online courses that offer live online class sessions or discussions.
- Search for online programs that require you to submit assignments to be evaluated or graded.